ABOUT UNIQUE SOUVENIRS INC.
Who We Are
Welcome to Unique Souvenirs, the home of Mold-A-Matic(tm) branded Mold-A-Rama miniature injection molded souvenirs!!
We are a family-owned business that operates vintage injection molding souvenir machines operating in dozens of locations including zoos, theme parks, and family attractions.
In the late 1960s, appliance store owner Eldin Irwin first encountered the Mold-a-Rama "Miniature Toy Factory" machines while visiting a state fair. Recognizing their potential, he leased several of the machines from vending giant Automatic Retailers of America (ARA) and placed them throughout Michigan and Ohio. In 1968 ARA decided to shut down the Mold-a-Rama division entirely and began selling off their remaining machines. Eldin purchased much of the available inventory and added the machines and mold sets to add to his growing business which he named "Contour Shops Inc."
By the early 1970, Eldin was taking the machines on the road traveling to state fairs and carnivals throughout the Midwest with several Mold-a-Ramas loaded on the backs of trailers. Soon, a then thirteen-year-old grandson named Tim Striggow joined the family business and began touring the country with his grandpa, learning how to maintain the aging machines and manage the traveling souvenir business.
Around 1980, another operator of Mold-a-Ramas, a Florida vendor called Mold-a-Matic, was ready to sell off their entire fleet of machines. Eldin expanded his empire again, spreading his reach to Florida and in the process adopting the Mold-a-Matic(tm) Inc. name. By the end of the decade and after 20+ years working with the machines he was ready to retire, eventually selling the business to his daughter Nancy Leslie and her husband Tom.
Tim continued to work for the new owners (his mom and stepdad) until eventually he and wife Denise bought the business from them in 2004 and changed its name to Unique Souvenirs Inc. Now headquartered in Lake Wales, Florida, Unique Souvenirs is still a family owned business and, with the help of son-in-law Kevin Tucker, continue to operate and lease Mold-a-Matic(tm) brand Mold-a-Rama machines throughout Florida, Tennessee, Oklahoma, and Ohio. As a third-generation operator with over 40 years of experience Mold-a-Matic(tm) strives to provide the best customer service in the industry. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like more information on our machines.
Unique Souvenirs Inc.
You may find Mold-A-Matic machines around the country in the following theme parks and attractions:
Oklahoma City, OK
* Train - Light Blue (Train Depot)
* Gorilla - Brown (Ape Building)
* Rattlesnake - Green (Big Rivers Building)
* Flamingos - Red (Children's Zoo)
* Cockatoo - Blue (Plaza)
* Elephant Large - Black (Plaza)
* Rhino - Yellow (Plaza)
* Lion Small - Orange (Tiger Building)
* Flamingos - Red (Near Monorail #1)
* Lion Large - yellow (Near Komodo Dragons)
* Gorilla small - silver (Past Gorilla)
* Elephant Small - Grey (Across from Orangutans)
* Giraffes - Green (Near Black Rhinos)
* Koala Bear - Pink (Exit to Dr. Wild's World)
* Otter - Brown (Near Tropical America)
* Rhino - Green (Indian Rhino Feeding)
* Three Monkeys - Light Blue (Across from Oasis Grill)
* Tiger - Orange (Across from Oasis Grill)
* Zoo Squad - Light Blue (By Cuban Crocodile)
* Angel (flying) - Grey (Elephant Area)
* Giraffes - Green (Clayton Valley of the Kings)
* Gorilla Small - Silver (Gorilla Valley)
* Lion Small - Yellow
* Otter - Red (River Otter Area)
* Three Monkeys - Blue (Chimp Ride)
* Tiger - Orange
* Reindeer (small) - Brown (Rhino Viewing Area)
* Alligator (Small) - Green (Moroccan Palace)
* Elephant - Grey (Elephant Area)
* Flamingos - Pink (Bird Garden)
* Hippo - Tan (Path to Africa)
* Gorilla Large - Black (Gorilla Habitat)
* Giraffes - Red (Pantopia Tower)
* Lion - Red (Nairobi Train Station)
* Kangaroo - Brown (Kangaroo Area)
* Cheetah - Tan (Moroccan Palace)
* Train (w/ Coal Car) - Red (Near Penguins)